The King George’s Fields Foundation (KGFF) was set up as a national scheme in March 1936 to commemorate the recent death of His Royal Highness King George V. To administer the project the KGFF was constituted by Trust Deed in 1936. The Trust Deed defined a playing field as ‘any open space used for the purpose of outdoor games, sports and pastimes’. Each of the 471 playing fields were styled and called ‘King George’s Fields’. The network consists of fields throughout the UK and each playing field has the distinctive heraldic plaques on the entrance gates.
Christleton King George’s Fields are set back behind The Pit and are approached along Little Heath that passes in front of The Almshouses. There is a recently renovated play area, a large open field and adequate car parking. Christleton Sport Club lease the field beyond which is used by the local cricket and football teams.
Christleton Parish Council (together with a representative from Littleton Parish Council) are the trustees of these fields. Meetings of the trustees precede the monthly parish council meeting at 7.30pm and generally last for about 30 minutes. The public are welcome to attend these meeting (unless Part 2 matters are being discussed) but would not normally be expected to speak.
From the July 2019 the business of King George’s Fields Trust is incorporated into the Agenda of the Parish Council. The Agenda item (s) and Minutes of these discussions can also be accessed via the drop down menu on this tab. Correspondence should be sent to the Christleton Parish Council Clerk.